Anyone is as obssesed with Digestives as I am ? These easy to make mini strawberry tarts, with a Digestive base, might be exactly what you need. Strawberry tart and me is the longest running love story ❤ Among the childhood memories I cherish the most, is my parents buying me a strawberry tart from the bakery next to my school, after a long day. The bakery and the school are now closed, but strawberry tart is something I still like to eat whenever I get the chance. It’s cool that I know also get to twist recipes and modify the base. The best part of the tart is the crème patissière in my opinion. So easy to make and soooo delicious. Hope you try this recipe at home 😊✌
Mini Strawberry Tarts with a Digestive Base
Easy to make mini strawberry tarts with a Digestive base.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 4 Digestive biscuits
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp honey
- 3 tsp flour
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large strawberry, sliced
For the base:
For the crème patissière (250ml)
For the topping:
- Blend the oats to get oat flour and reduce the Digestive biscuits to a powder. In a bowl, add the flour, powder, butter and honey. Mix well to get a soft dough.
- Grease a cupcake pan and divide the dough into 6. Bake at 360°F/180°C for 20min, until the bases are light golden and firm.
- During that time, prepare the crème pâtissière. Add the milk, flour, corn starch, egg yolk, sugar, honey and vanilla extract to a pan. Cook on low to medium heat while constantly stirring, until the crème pâtissière has thickened.
- Divide the crème pâtissière between the bases and save the rest for later.
- Slice a strawberry and put one each on top of each tart.