After a hectic week, finally got to sit down to write this. I really love those kind of “recipes” you quickly make and that end up tasting absolutely de-li-cious. Made this easy yet tasty sandwhich the other day as I needed a fast lunch and couldn’t be bothered to cook anything else. It’s definitely the kind of recipe I’d teach my baby bro (who’s already 17, which makes me feel so old now) who’s going to uni next September, God willing. Enough talking now, time to share!
- 2 slices of wholemeal loaf (or white loaf)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 slices of cheese (I used regular cheese slices, but really, any kind of cheese or even vegan cheese would work)
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into slices
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 tbsp of hummus
- Put some coconut oil in a pan. Add the spinach and cook until tender. Add the tomatoes and cook for a bit.
- Put 1 tbsp of hummus on one slice of bread. Do the same with the other one.
- Put one slice of cheese on each of the two other bread slices.
- Divide the spinach and tomato mix into two, and put on each slice of bread with the cheese.
- Top the sandwhiches with the second slice of bread.
- In a bowl, mix the two eggs together.
- Soak the two sandwhiches in the egg mixture, then fry in a pan on the two sides, until brown.
As usual, let me know in the comments what you think 🙂 Hope you try and enjoy it.