Fact about me: strawberry tart is the way to my heart. My school used to have a bakery in front of it, and every friday I would get to have a strawberry tart.
For the crust:
- 1 + 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
For the crème pâtissière:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- Start by making the crust. Mix half of the flour with the sugar, salt, and butter. Use a fork to mix everything and obtain a “crumbly” texture.
- Add the beaten egg and then gradually add the flour to make a firm dough. The dough will be a bit buttery, that’s normall.
- Grease a tart pan and press the dough into it. Use a fork to prick the pastry and put an aluminium paper on top. Add any kind of dried peas all over. This will help prevent the crust from rising during baking.
- Bake for about 20-30 min at 380F, or until the edges are golden. Regularly check the crust to make sure you don’t overcook it.
- Make the crème pâtissière in the meantine. Put the heat on low to medium. In a pan, add the milk, egg, vanilla extract, and corn starch, and gradually add the flour while stirring.
- Bring to boil while continuously mixing then when it thickens up quickly remove from the fire and continue mixing. Save in the fridge.
- Make the strawberries. Slice the strawberries and add 1 tbsp of sugar. Place in the fridge.
- When the crust is ready let it cool down then spread the crème pâtissière on top of it.