Guuuys. I don’t know how I haven’t baked brioche before. This classic brioche with a crusty top is all you need in your life. It’s soft, moist, sweet, crusty, everything. Usual brioche is extremely soft and kinda “airy” as it has more eggs and milk, but I like it when it is a little bit more dense, so I put less of them.
[recipe-title=”Classic Brioche” servings=”12-14″ difficulty=”medium” time=”2:30-3hr” description=”Classic brioche with a crusty top, perfect for breakfast with some jam and butter”]
- 2 cups flour
- 6g salt
- 50g sugar
- 7g instant yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup softened butter
- 50ml milk at room temperature (very important)
- For the egg wash: one egg yolk and 3 tbsp cup of milk
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt and sugar
- Add the yeast to the milk and set aside for 7-10min
- Add the yeast mixture, eggs and milk to the flour and start working the though
- While working the dough, gradually add the softened butter. The dough should be soft
- Cover and let rise for 1hr (I put mine under a blanket to help it rise faster). Ideally, let it rise overnight.
- Make 4 balls and place them in a greased loaf pan.
- Coat with the egg wash
- Bake in a preheated oven at 370F for 1 to 1:30hr, or until a knife comes out dry. If the top has already browned, you can decrease the temperature to 350F and bake the brioche for longer.